Friday, January 23, 2009

Followers

























This is the most elaborate street piece I have ever done. It took forever. The first night I painted for two hours while my friend Robert watched for cops. Nine police cars drove by but luckily Robert is a pro and warned me each time. The second night only took half an hour but I bent down in piss and shit, literally. A dog shat right in front of two of the sheep so they didn´t get a top layer and the sheep around them are pretty fucking lucky that I paid any attention to them at all. When I got home I had to shower twice to smell clean. All in the name of art.









The stencils on the street didn´t turn out that good cuz it was super hard to match up the layers, and then I picked a really uneven spot for the dead sheep so here is what they should look like.

3 comments:

  1. holy shit toby, that is really cool. i like them falling and lying there in a bloody heap. it's crazy you managed to get them around the whole corner. wickeddd

    ReplyDelete
  2. boohyea.... i like the sheep-lemmings.

    Those pesky dogs like to get in on the street art. A dog peed on spaceman 6 overnight, so when I took the picture snoopy had already modified it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scale of the piece is really impressive. It must be cool following the sheep as they go around the corner.

    ReplyDelete